To All Plot Holders
Following the Government announcement on 23rd March regarding social movement restrictions we have been asked to clarify the situation regarding allotments.
Earlier this morning Michael Gove, in response to a query about what constitutes ‘daily exercise’, indicated that this includes allotment gardening. Accordingly, unless and until the Government instructs otherwise, the allotments will remain open for use by plot holders.
It is vital, however, that you adhere to the following instructions that the Government has laid out:
- Social distancing – you must maintain a distance of at least 2 metres (and preferably much further) between yourself and any other plot holder. Under no circumstances should you get into any close conversations or group discussions.
- You must not visit the allotments if you fall into the ‘at risk’ category and have received a letter or text message from the NHS instructing you to stay indoors.
In addition, please note the following:
- Avoid bringing children to the allotments. If that is unavoidable then they must be kept under strict control and supervision and not be allowed onto any other plot and kept at a safe distance from other plot holders.
- Do not bring any other outside person onto the allotments with you.
- Ensure that you maintain high standards of personal hygiene by thoroughly washing your hands in line with Government advice. You may wish to consider wearing gloves for additional protection against transmission of the virus.