Here are the major points in regards to COVID-19 restrictions.
From 23/03/2020 people in Britain will be allowed to leave their homes for only “very limited purposes” – shopping for basic necessities;
- For one form of exercise a day;
- For any medical need;
- To travel to and from work when “absolutely necessary”
- People are warned not to meet friends or family members who they do not live with
- Shopping is only permitted for essentials like food and medicine, and people are advised to do it “as little as you can”
- Police have powers to enforce the rules, including through fines and dispersing gatherings
- All shops selling non-essential goods, such as clothing and electronic stores, are ordered to close
- Libraries, playgrounds, outdoor gyms and places of worship are to close
- All gatherings of more than two people in public – excluding people you live with – are banned.
- All social events, including weddings and baptisms are banned
- Funerals are not included in the new restrictions.
- Parks will remain open for exercise but gatherings will be dispersed.
- Restrictions “under constant review” and will be checked again in three weeks. They will be relaxed “if the evidence shows we are able to”